OVH Community, your new community space.

2008 & 100Mbps SLA

MarcosBL
25/02/2008, 18:16
Power, yo no conseguí solucionarla de ninguna forma, salvo pasando a Release 2 de 32 bits. Estoy a la espera a ver si puedo hacer algo con la gente de OVH que se ha interesado por el tema en este hilo.

motula
22/02/2008, 13:55
hola queria saber si lo de los 100mb sla es tambien para el servidor mas barato el kemsirve,y si es asi cuando lo van poniendo porque a mi me sale en mi servidor 100mb no sla

Power
22/02/2008, 12:04
¿Se sabe algo nuevo del tema de la corrupción de tablas MyISAM en MySQL de la distribución Gentoo-OVH de 64 bits?

¿Está corregido el bug o es mejor, por el momento, usar la Gentoo-OVH de 32 bits?

Gracias

MarcosBL
13/02/2008, 13:00
Guillaume, Software is the one you can download at sphider.eu
http://sphider.eu/dl.php?file=sphider-1.3.4b.zip

"Sphider is a lightweight web spider and search engine written in PHP, using MySQL as its back end database. It is a great tool for adding search functionality to your web site or building your custom search engine. Sphider is small, easy to set up and modify, and is used in thousands of websites across the world. "

Same exact version of the software is working fine in 2 arsys servers plus 1 OVH server (2007 L+ with Plesk), spidering from software web control panel or via php cli. But in my MG 2007 L++ with Release 2 64 bits fresh install, i get tables corrupted in minutes.

It was a relative big table, 2 million integer + One varchar 255 records, around 400Mb but that's not the problem, even clearing it and starting over, it gets corrupted in minutes. And it only happens to me with the 64 bits OS, now i have the same machine reinstalled with a Release 2 32 bits fresh install, and everything is working fine.

As i said before in this post, i have found a lot of similar problems in Google, in OVH france forums, and even OVH spain told me by phone that Release 2 64 bits is known for not being stable for mysql, so that's why i asked in this thread if that problem is yet fixed in some way... it's a surprise for me you can't reproduce it in your test machine... if you want to test the above software or can give me access to a clean machine ( i can't reinstall everything again in mine, 30+ domains, etc... sorry... i'm still suffering : D ) i can set it up for you to view the bug in a matter of hours.

Thanks for not forgeting me : )

guillaume
13/02/2008, 11:16
Hi,

I had no success in trying to reproduce database corruption in MyISAM
(with table structure you posted). I tried 5000 insert then 5000 update
with no issue.
Could you provide your php script so that I can try it on our test server ?

tx

guillaume.

MarcosBL a écrit :
> Something we could do , oles ? Or should i just ask again in the future
> (i plan to get a third server on a couple of months, maybe then we could
> test that mysql problem). Sorry for the annoyance.
>
>

MarcosBL
09/02/2008, 01:49
Something we could do , oles ? Or should i just ask again in the future (i plan to get a third server on a couple of months, maybe then we could test that mysql problem). Sorry for the annoyance.

Gura
04/02/2008, 08:14
A mi me aparece aún como 100 mbps No-SLA en mi servidor SuperPlan 2007. Esperaré una semana para ponerme en contacto con el servicio tecnico a vr que me dicen.

MarcosBL
03/02/2008, 21:33
I think so, software i was running was sphider.eu, wich i have used a lot, and i can replicate same server/sofware state easy, is just a lamp software.

Server was a 2007 L+ with Release 2 64 bits fresh install. Of course, i'm open and gratefull to reinstall a server to the state in wich i got the errors.

oles@ovh.net
03/02/2008, 08:56
MarcosBL a écrit:
>
> Sorry oles, server was ns26759.ovh.net, but as i said, already
> reinstalled everything on it with a Release 2 32 bits, so i can't show
> it to you.

if I give you a dedicated server for 2 days, will you be able to
put on this server the files which will crash ? which distribution ?

MarcosBL
03/02/2008, 01:51
Sorry oles, server was ns26759.ovh.net, but as i said, already reinstalled everything on it with a Release 2 32 bits, so i can't show it to you.

Steps i tried:

- Tried multiple my.cnf combos, some from my experience, some from other owned servers, some mysql releases samples and even 2 differents sysadmins versions. No luck, i'm 99% sure it was not a configuration problem.

- Tried Updating Mysql via emerge, but it was already in latest version.

- Tried removing the whole mysql server and reinstalling again. No luck

- Tried removing the tables and recreating / removing the databases and recreating. No luck.

- Tried changing some tables to InnoDB, everything working as expected, but that didn't solved my problem, as i need MyISAM functionality.

- chrooting a mysql in a 32 bit environment, on port 3337, everything worked as expected, chroot, connection, etc... but the tables still crashed.

At that point i desperated and reinstalled with a "Release 2 32 bits" OS, tested, and everything worked fine. Gentoo problem ? mysql 64 bits problem ? 64 bits architecture ? I don't know.. : (

The tables estructure i was using to test are those i dump here, made with current 32 bits OS, but same tables as before. The test i conducted were 1000 inserts in a batch with a php script with 0.5 seconds delay between each one, then 500 updates over that rows, again 0.5 seconds delay. As soon as that finished, any working with the table using phpmyadmin, or even with a mysql manager resulted in table corruption.

Dump:

Código:
-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.11.4
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
--
-- Servidor: localhost
-- Tiempo de generación: 03-02-2008 a las 02:48:55
-- Versión del servidor: 5.0.44
-- Versión de PHP: 5.2.5-pl0-gentoo

SET SQL_MODE="NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO";

--
-- Base de datos: `sphider`
--

-- --------------------------------------------------------

--
-- Estructura de tabla para la tabla `links`
--

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `links` (
  `link_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `site_id` int(11) default NULL,
  `url` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `title` varchar(200) default NULL,
  `description` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `fulltxt` mediumtext,
  `indexdate` date default NULL,
  `size` float default NULL,
  `md5sum` varchar(32) default NULL,
  `visible` int(11) default '0',
  `level` int(11) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`link_id`),
  KEY `url` (`url`(16)),
  KEY `md5key` (`md5sum`(16))
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=81357 ;

-- --------------------------------------------------------

--
-- Estructura de tabla para la tabla `temp`
--

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `temp` (
  `link` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `level` int(11) default NULL,
  `id` varchar(32) default NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
Btw... should i open a new post to not disturb the original subject on this ?

oles@ovh.net
03/02/2008, 01:14
MarcosBL a écrit:

can you give me the name of the server where I can see it ?
I will try to make corrupt again and see it with my eyes.
then we will be able to find out a solution. thanks !

josu
03/02/2008, 00:03
Para los que preguntan si es necesario migrar a un nuevo servidor, a mí ya me aparece en mi panel como 100 SLA sin haber hecho nada.

agur.

MarcosBL
03/02/2008, 00:00
There is a MySQL bug (not Ovh) between: 64bits && MySQL && InnoDB.
Not sure about the InnoDB bug, never found/heard about it, but i can promise you 64bits (MG 07 L++ clean install) && MySQL (OVH Release 2 default one, again clean install) && MyISAM tables = Corrupted MyISAM tables in least than 3 minutes, or as soon as you do a UPDATE, JOIN, etc...

Some links from Google:

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql/207282
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=17329
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t...ql+myisam.html
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=28478

Some links from OVH.com forums (i can't speak french but seems related, take a look on deep pages):

http://forum.ovh.com/showthread.php?...ghlight=myisam
http://forums.ovh.com/showthread.php...t=gentoo+mysql

Maybe not the best examples, but it's easy to find in google a lot of problems between 64 bits & Gentoo & Mysql . Of course it's not OVH fault, i know, is just i realize if there is some chance of getting a MySQL community version or something like that in Release 2, because it becomes useless for me if i can't get MyISAM working. I have suffered that bug for a whole month, asked everywhere, paid 2 different persons to try to fix it, even asked OVH Spain by phone, with no luck.

OVH Spain guys were much fine and polite, and even explained me MyISAM tables is not recommend with Release 2. But changing whole server domains and scripts into a new storage engine is not an option (imho and my clients).

I even tried getting a MySQL 32 bits working in a chroot, and got it... but the bug still keeped destroying my tables. So, in the end i just backuped everything, installed Release 2 - 32 bits in my 64 bits machine, and realice what... everything works now like a charm, first try ! O_o!

That's why i was asking about a solution on that problem (i repeat, it's not a OVH but a mysql fault). Thanks for your patience.

PabloAM
02/02/2008, 23:26
Cita Publicado inicialmente por oles@ovh.net
Hi,
Now you can order dedicated servers 2008.
The bandwidth is 100Mbps SLA (soon on the website).
If you use > 101Mbps, it's noSLA.

Now you propose the same offer in FR/DE/ES.
Have fun

Regards,
Octave
GOOD NEWS!!

A ver cuando haceis los cambios y compro un servidor nuevo ^_^

Un saludo

oles@ovh.net
02/02/2008, 09:56
thekeeper a écrit:
>
> but, i must to do a migration to a new server?
> or i can upgrade my server?

You will have 100Mbps today or on Monday.
You want to change the hardware, you have to get the
new one and not pay the old.

oles@ovh.net
02/02/2008, 09:56
MarcosBL a écrit:
>
> Most important thing for me (already reinstalled current server twice
> because of that, with no luck) . The OVH Release 2 will have the MySQL
> 64 bits bug that corrupts all MyISAM tables, solved ?

There is a MySQL bug (not Ovh) between: 64bits && MySQL && InnoDB.
Nothing else.

MarcosBL
01/02/2008, 20:26
Most important thing for me (already reinstalled current server twice because of that, with no luck) . The OVH Release 2 will have the MySQL 64 bits bug that corrupts all MyISAM tables, solved ?

thekeeper
01/02/2008, 20:04
but, i must to do a migration to a new server?
or i can upgrade my server?

thanks!

Raul
01/02/2008, 19:49
Weeeeeeeeee, al fín!! xD

Aunque en las características de cada Server no veo puesto 100MBps SLA..

Saludos!.

oles@ovh.net
01/02/2008, 19:24
Hi,
Now you can order dedicated servers 2008.
The bandwidth is 100Mbps SLA (soon on the website).
If you use > 101Mbps, it's noSLA.

Now you propose the same offer in FR/DE/ES.
Have fun

Regards,
Octave